A Century of Solitude

Monday, March 26, 2007

REFLECTIVE 3

I'm finally done with the book. I thought it was a great book. On a scale of one to ten I give it a ten. The saddest part was when Meme was taken to a hospital. At that moment I just wanted someone to go save her or for like Aureliano Segundo to kill Fernanda or something!!!Poor Meme all she wanted to do was be with Mauricio. Another sad part was when Ursula was dying, I felt bad for her because Amaranta Ursula and Aureliano would treat her as if she were a toy or already dead. After all she did and after all she experienced in the end no one knew her or no one even cared about her. As I wrote the latter statement I realized that everything we do in our lifetime will be pointless. In the sense that if someone is knowledgeable, adventurous, lazy, generous, loving, rich or poor in the end it doesn't matter because we are all going to die. The Buendia family is a perfect example of this. I know it's only a story but after much thought it's true we live for nothing.
All in all this is one of the best books I have ever read. I will take it upon myself to read more books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home