A Century of Solitude

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

REFLECTIVE

I'm now on chapter seven, I feel like I haven't progressed at all! I have come to realize that Jose Arcadio Buendia is still under the chestnut tree up until this chapter. I still think that is disrespectful to him, since he founded Macondo. Why don't they just untie him??!! Like when I think about him, I wonder how does he shower? How does he change clothes? How can Ursula do this to her own husband? Why doesn't she just untie him for goodness sake??!!!!
As for Amaranta why doesn't she get married instead of molesting an innocent child? That whole passage caught my attention, but I thought it was nasty. Two gentlemen already proposed to her, and she liked them both, why didn't she say yes, instead of fooling around with a young confused teen?
3/16/07
What is even more riduculous is that in chpater nine Amarants rejects Marquqz as well!
Finally in chapter nine Aureliano surrendered, he realized that the war could not be won. It actually disappointed me that Aureliano tried to commit suicide. I'm pretty sure his father wouldn't have approved of that. Jose Sr. was a man who tried so hard and never gave up. Commiting suicide is like giving up on life. Jose Sr., even after he was tied up to that chestnut tree for years, did not give up.

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Rafael Buendia said...

Your reflection is very meaningful. I liked how you incorporated ideas from the book.

I like it a lot. Keep up the good work!

Your grade is "A++++"

 
At March 21, 2007 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Bee said...

Hey Patti! I just finished reading your stuff. It was really good. I thought that you were very thorough, and you made excellent points. I put your grade as an "A+" Keep up the great work!!!

 
At March 26, 2007 at 6:40 AM , Blogger mkmcguan said...

Patti,
Excellent work! I really liked your personal reflections and opinions. You guys are doing an awesome job. I know its a lot of time and effort. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home